Recurrent coughing, congestion, sorethroat. Difficult to swallow, ear leaking secretions. Under medication. Itching in the neck, chin. Reason?

This the second time in a month I have had coughing, congestion, sore/itchy throat, swollen throat so bad I can t swallow or breathe well, both ears leaking secretions and no fever. I know its probably allergies and I the first time I got this I received Z-pack antibiotics and Benzonate Pearls. This time I m taking Singular, the Pearls, Mucinex DM, Benadryl , and anything to relieve the sore throat . But now the skin under my chin and down neck is itchy. I don t know what that means? I ve taken all of these medicines before. Also any advice to kick this second cold without antibiotics or do I need them again?
Asked On : Thu, 22 Nov 2012