Recurrent UTI's, scrotal thickening, tightening during erection. Urine dip shows leukocytes, protein with blood. Remedy?

Hi. My partner has been suffering from recurrent uti s or so we thought ( 10 in the past year). When urine is dipped it shows either leucocytes and protein with blood or leucocytes and protein/ blood alternately, yet when urine is sent for culture it comes back negative. We decided to go the local GUM clinic for screening as we have both had previous partners and as I suffer from sinusitis and ongoing ent problems, we were concerned whether I had passed something during oral sex . All tests were negative, however on checking my partner he had pus cells present on microscope tests. He has had numerous antibiotics without success and has a 26 week wait for a Urologist . He is also awaiting a flexible cystoscopy . We are at our whits end as he is having ongoing feeling of urgency in passing urine, a scrotal thickening and what feels like a tightening when he gets an erection along with lower tummy pain and pain in the lower back/ side from time to time. Please help - what would be our best course of action as I am also awaiting ENT so still unsure if it is bacteria from my problems that may have affected him.
Asked On : Thu, 24 Jan 2013