Rectal pain, struggle to sit, no sign of hemorrhoids, fissures, fistula, polyp's, Sigmoidoscopy normal. Next step?

Hi, I have been experiencing rectal pain for nearly 2 years, I have been prescribed creams and suppositories but nothing helps. At first it was daily for the first 12 months, it s gradually getting where I can be in discomfort for a few weeks, but then I get pain where I struggle to sit down. I have had numerous examinations, Rigid Sigmoidoscopy twice which didn t show anything. A flexible Sigmoidoscopy which again shows that everything is normal. I was quite embarrassed thinking it may have been hemorrhoids , but now I wish it was as at least there d be an explanation. There s no sign of hemorrhoids, fissures, fistula s, polyps, or any growth s. I m stuck at what to do next. Read more: General Community Chat Forum - Rectal Pain WWW.WWWW.WW Follow us: @ehealthforums on Twitter
Asked On : Mon, 14 Jan 2013