Rectal cancer, on radiation therapy, unable to move legs and arms, motor neuron disease, cure

my mother had rectal cancer and radiation 18 months ago. 2 months after rdiation her legs would buckle. in summary, the past 6 moths she cannot walk and now she cannot move her arms to feed herself,she keeps her arms and hands under her breastbone and they are stiff. She now has spasms in her lower back and legs. She was recently inpatient at XXXXXXXX fl to get a diagnosis and to rule out lou gehrigs disease and paraneoplastic syndrome . MD(Neurologist) said test came back negative other than severe low motor neuron results from the EMG . Therefore he said he cannot give a diagnosis. In the meantime she is not improving and is extremely depressed saying she wants to die. Any thoughts or suggestions?
Asked On : Sun, 25 Mar 2012