Rectal bleeding, swollen and painful colon, taking Cipro. Proper step to deal with this?

Hi, I m a 22 year old female and have been dealing with stomach issues for years. More in the past few months I was in the hospital due to rectal bleeding , along with my colon being swollen and very painful. I was put on cipro and flagil about two weeks later the bleeding was back I went to the hospital and was put back on the same two medicines. Right now my stomach has been upset for two days no blood in my stools but stomach is tender in a few spots and stools are bright yellow and almost like mucus also using the bathroom all the time what is the proper step to deal with this?
Asked On : Sun, 28 Oct 2012