Recovering from umbilical hernia surgery with mesh repair and abdominoplasty. Abdominal pain wit bulge in the stomach. How long should I wear the belt?

I had undergone Umbillical Hernia surgery with a mesh repair and abdominoplasty on 20.04.2012. I am still wearing abdomin belt. Untill last month I was not bending and doing any sort of work which involves bending. But in case something falls down i just take it by sitting in a chair and then taking those item. Very often there is a mild pain in my upper abdomin. And moreover my upper abdomin is bulged than my lower abdomin where the surgery is done. How long should i still wear abdomin belt ? Why is my upper abdomin paining when i do some work bending. THere is also slight pain in the lower abdomin towards right side. What all precautions i need to take. Pl. advise.
Asked On : Thu, 4 Apr 2013