Recovering from tonsillectomy, huge red raw spot on the back of the throat. Is this normal ?

I am on day 12 of recovery from my tonsillectomy , and my scabs are almost all the way off and my right side seems to be healing up beautifully not trouble with that side at all, now the left side has a HUGE red raw spot on the back of my throat , I cant eat anything at all because it feels like Im swallowing razor blades every time anything touches it! Is this normal? and if it is when will it go away?! I want to start eating again and being a normal human!!! Before the surgery I was 96 lbs which is still small for a 19 year old girl but im down to 85lbs now since the surgery. I just want to get back to normal :(
Asked On : Sat, 9 Feb 2013