Recovering from stroke. Low levels of RBC. Colonoscopy suggested. GI bleeding?

Hi, my husband had a stroke 15 days ago. he is out of the ICU now and in inpatient rehab. for the last 4-5 days he has has had a drop in RBC. He was given 2 units of blood but it continues to drop. His body seems to be producing red blood cells from the tests done. He has an ng feeding tube still in and they are going to do an endoscopy and possibly a colonoscopy, but the GI doctor thinks it is highly unlikely he has a GI bleed.His stomach was scanned and there is no bleed there. Any ideas?
Asked On : Sun, 28 Apr 2013