Recovering from mouth and throat cancer, have large mucus build up in throat, constant hacking. Medicines?

Hi My name is Duncan McGlashan i am recovering from Neck and Throat cancer diagnosed in 2009 and underwent Chemo Therapy and Radio Therapy , I am cancer free now going into my 4th year BUT I have a large build up of Mucus in my thoat all the Time , I brush my teeth in the morning and evening and Gargle with hottish water to bring things up from Mucus with food particles in it and I bring up Mucus 4 or 5 times a day but I am always Hacking is there any Medication I can use to move it
Asked On : Mon, 28 Jan 2013