Recovering from heroin addiction. Swollen ankles. Blood clot or injected clot?

I am an attempting recovery heroin addict. I have been relapsing for a couple weeks, and today suddenly my ankles were very swollen compared to normal. I am very nervous and unsure what to do. Should I go to an ER? Is it OK to wait for the weekend to be over? It was an older needle, could it have possibly had old blood or a clot in it that I injected? Should I be icing or heating to help? What will they do if its a clot? Am I going to lose anything? I m very scared.
Asked On : Tue, 8 May 2012
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
I have gone through your question in detail.
No you should not wait for the weekend to get over. You should seek some immediate help for your problem from the ER. You may not loose anything ut the cause for the swollen knees has to be found out.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.