Recovering from distal radius fracture. Is it safe to move the fingers when hand is in a cast?

I ve been a cast for a little over a month for a distal radius fracture . The xrays showed it to be minimally displaced and thus a closed treatment was used. Follow-up xrays showed no further displacement. I have a 5lbs limit that of what I am allowed to lift per my doctor. Can use my fingers of my casted hand for light work such as simple labeling, and stuffing envelopes or should I try and keep them relatively still to aid in healing?
Asked On : Mon, 11 Feb 2013