Recovering from cervical and lumbar surgeries. On lithium, limictal and methhyl prednisolone. Having slurred speech after using medication for cold and flu. Reason?

Can you please tell me if by taking my regular meds of Lithium 300 mg, 1 in am and 2 in pm. One limictal 100 mg but then for a week adding Methylprednisolone 4mg due to a fall in the shower to prevent swelling as I recently had cervical and lumbar surgeries. I do have colopin and norco as needed (none on this day, in fact the norco in almost a week) as well. However, I had gotten a very bad cold and used Tylenol Cold and Flu for a few days. Could this all have made me drowsy and have slurred speech after using the cold medicince steadily for the day (as prescribed)? I was charged with a DUI, blew a 0 on the breathalizer each time and a urine test was taken, which I know will be clean. I would like to show that while I used very poor judgement, I shouldn t have mixed the Cold meds or steroids without checking with my physciatrist. Thank you!
Asked On : Mon, 4 Feb 2013