Recovering from Myocardial Infarction, on pills. Is it safe to have zinc tablets with all the other prescribed MI drugs?

my husband is recovering from Myocardial Infarction (heart attack) which occurred on 27th May 2012. He is currently taking metropolol succinate, clopidogrel , ecosprin and atacand. He wanted to start taking a zinc supplement tablet. Would there be any negative/side effects of zinc in combination with the prescribed MI drugs? Is it safe to have zinc tablets with all the other medicines?
Asked On : Mon, 27 Aug 2012