Recovering from Bell's palsy. On met neurobion injections. Can I take oral capsules instead?

Am recovering from Bell s palsy. The doctor advised met neurobion injections 500mcg OD for 7 days. But, the injections are not available! Oral capsules of the same company (Merck) with the same name containing Mecobalamin 500mcg + Alpha Lipoic Acid USP 100mg are available. Can I take these instead? Also, as B12 is water soluble - how do I take it with/ Before or after meals to ensure that it is most effective? Thanks for your help.
Asked On : Sun, 30 Dec 2012