Recovered from vomiting and diarrhea with antibiotics, large mosquito looking bite on ankle and knee. What is it ?

Hi I have a 23month old child and we just returned from Thailand, whilst In Thailand she got gastritis ( severe vomiting and diarrhoea and was treated with antibiotics . It has been five days of nil sickness now but she woke up this morning with a large mosquito looking bite on her ankle which is around the size of a 20cent coin and is giving her discomfort. In the last hour I saw another bite on her knee which she is also irritated by (my concern lies in the size). What do you think this is and what should I do?
Asked On : Sat, 9 Mar 2013