Recovered from fibromyalgia except for decrease in memory, MRI shows white matter mild increased signal at left than right. Meaning ?

I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia in 2004. I have recovered almost completely except for marked decrease in memory . My doctor did a MRI of the brain. Results shows several scattered punctate foci of increased FLAIR and T2 signal at the frontal and parietal subcortical white matter . Up to 5 mm focus of increased FLAIR/T2 signal at the right frontal subinsular white matter. Periventricular white matter mild increased signal at the left greater than right frontal horns and left lateral ventricular body . This MRI was compared to one I had done in 2005 that showed the changes. What could be the cause of the above? I also get a lot of pain focused on my left side of the head and body (started when I woke up in 2004 and couldn t use my left side which led to fibro diagnosis). I still get pain and throbbing pulse feeling in the left side of my neck. Thank you.
Asked On : Tue, 19 Feb 2013