Recovered from chickenpox. Can I have sex?

Good evening Sir My Name is syed from saidapet I got a Chicken Box from 12 of Sep and it will cure on 22 sep. i am married person so after 23 of sep shall i do sex to my wife or not. because our relation all are saying dont do any thing and wait 1 month. what shall i do sir. Waiting for your advise. Thanks & Regards Syed saidapet
Asked On : Fri, 28 Sep 2012

Thanks for your query

You had developed chicken pox lesions.
I would like to tell you that in cases of chicken pox infection, a person is infective from three days before the onset of lesions till all the lesions have scabbed.
Now if in you case, all the lesions have scabbed and healed and there are no fluid filled vesicles and there are no lesions with fluid discharge, then you can be declared non infective anymore. In that case, you can go ahead with any contact with anyone.
But if you are not sure about scabbing, then I would advise you to visit a dermatologist for proper assessment and advise.

Hope it helps
Best wishes for a speedy recovery
Dr Geetika Paul
MD (Dermatology)