Recovered from broken tibia. Have lump on shin above area of breakage. Why?

I broke my left Tibia whist playing football in Nov 07. Surgery was required and i had screws and a metal pin inserted. recovery took quite a while but now I am back to playing sport regularly again. I just wondered if you could put my mind at rest about a fleshy lump that is on the front of my shin about a 1/4 the size of a golf ball just above where the tibia was broken. It has been there since surgery but not sure of the reasons why and have never had this explained Thank you in advance
Asked On : Thu, 2 Aug 2012