Recovered from anorexia, bulimia. Abnormal bowels causes stomach pain, eat good food. What to do ?

Hi there- thank you for your time - Im soon 23 but for 9 years i suffered from anorexia and bulimia . I am fully recovered thank God. i have had numerous health problems since including 10 stomach ulcers , gastric acid reflux, osteoporosis but all of these are manageable. However, my bowels never normalised after - i was put on movicol (constipation releif 3 years ago - 2 sachets a day) it worked to begin with - however i took it up to 4 a day and even in the past months 8 a day no longer works, just causes stomach pains. I eat regularly, i eat good foods to help the bowel also ie pears, kiwi, linseed and flaxseed, drink prune and cranberry juice, lots of warm water and fluids, and even stuff like currys etc in the hope my bowels will move. my stomach has become very distended in this process. i had to go in and get an enema in the outpatients last weekend. My bowels only seem to move on my period - with no medication ie lactulose , senokat, or movicol having an effect anymore - im not sure what to do about this - i dont experience a lot of pain but very sluggish and blocked, like my bowels dont work and when it does, its just small hard amounts. very little. I just know iv never been normal ever since. i never abused laxatives in my eating disorder, but i did abuse my body through years of starvation, and then years of binging and vomiting in the latter 4 years. thank you for your time
Asked On : Fri, 15 Feb 2013