Recoverd from sprained ankle, pain in rear calf and mid shin region. How long will it last ?

I sprained my ankle two weeks ago upon slipping in the snow carrying drywall. The ankle came down on an awkward position. I immediately applied ice to it and elevated it. While the ankle is gradually healing , I have begun to feel pain in my rear calf and in the mid shin region. I m not sure if this is due mainly in part to my favoring of the ankle since it started and use of a cane. The pain is quite severe especially when standing making it nearly impossible to walk normally which I am limiting as much as possible and having it wrapped with an ace bandage . Any help would be appreciated and a diagnosis as to how long this might last.
Asked On : Wed, 20 Feb 2013