Recently suffered flu. Having heartburn, acid reflux, pinching sensation in heart. Serious?

I am a 53 year old woman (obese) who recently suffered a severe flu . My blood pressure is normal and my cholesterol is as well. For the past two nights, I have experienced bad heartburn to the point of waking up with stomach acid coming up my stomache and into my nose . For the past two weeks, I experience a pinching sensation in my heart once or twice a day but this morning, I experienced this feeling for two hours. Now, it only comes once in a while like it has in the past two weeks. Can I wait to see my family doctor about this or should I go to the hospital?
Asked On : Thu, 7 Mar 2013