Recently diagnosed with diabetes, considerable reduction in sugar levels after medicine course. Dietary suggestions?

hello doctor i have been recently been diagonised with diabetes . my blood sugar on fasting showed 118 mg and 227 PP ,my cholestrol showed 247mg and my BP showed 140/90 mg. i am taking tablets for all the three problems and after one month of gtaking tablets my blood sugar level sowed 96 mg on fasting and 176 mg PP. am i improving my health , if so what non-veg diet shouild i take, can i add a little sugar in my tea.
Asked On : Mon, 18 Feb 2013