Recently broke ankle and in a cast. sore to touch all around the left side and difficult to breath.Should I be worried about the findings?

I recently broke my ankle and am in a cast. I was hopping around on the front porch and tripped and fell chest first into the rounded end of a rocking chair my friend was sitting in. It hurt a good bit then. But didn't slow me down until the morning. It hurt on every breath. It didn't leave a bruise you can see. It is sore to the touch all around the left side. Hurts to breathe and I feel very tired. It happened Saturday night and isn't any better. I know there's not much treatment for a broken rib but rest. That's why I haven't got it checked out yet. what do you suggest?
Asked On : Sat, 23 Mar 2013