Received pathology report. Finding normal for IUFD? Consistent with UCA? Consistent with GA?

Dear Sir, I recently received a pathology report on my son, he was stillborn. I was 39 weeks pregnant and due to a holiday we waited to deliver the following day. He had passed 24-36 hours prior to delivery. I still don t understand his report, is it possible for you to explain it to me? I ll give a little history- I was diagnosed with P.I.H. At birth he was wrapped tightly in a long cord around his waist x3. The doctor cut it and finished delivering him. When he was born the doctor sounded sure it was the cord that caused his death and we chose not to have an autopsy . I did receive a L&D summary and a pathology report. The findings are listed below. Diagnosis: term placenta Gross Description: The specimen is labeled placenta and consists of a placenta with attached cord and membranes, weighing 700 g in toto. The placental disc measures 16 x 14 x 2.5 cm. The maternal surface is lobulated, brownish-tan, slightly torn but complete. Sectioning shows spongy and grayish-tan cut surfaces. The fetal surface is dark grayish. The insertion of the umbilical cord is slightly eccentric. The umbilical cord measures 26 cm in length, 1.4 cm in greatest external diameter and contains two arteries and one vein . The membranes show grayish discoloration. Representative sections are submitted. Microscopic: A section of the placental disc shows maturing chorionic villi. Foci of calcification are seen. Sections of the membranes show no acute inflammation. The umbilical cord shows two arteries and one vein. QUESTIONS: Are these findings normal for IUFD of 24 hours?  Are they consistent with an UCA? And are the measurements consistent with his GA?
Asked On : Sun, 29 Jul 2012