Reattached patella to the tendon. Have swelling. How long will it take to cure completely?

Hi, I fractured my patella and they reattached it to the tendon no pins or anything. Healing well brace removed after 3 weeks. Im using a walker and applying pressure to gently walk. The leg gets swollen after use so I ice it. I am 63 yrs. old good shape and want to know, how long can I walk on it before it gets too swollen and painful. There is still a fair amount of swelling throughout the leg and foot . Thanks, Paula
Asked On : Sat, 9 Feb 2013