Reason for two periods in a month? Twice missed pill, started spotting after intercourse

Hi I m curious to know why I had two periods in less than a month. I m on birth control but missed two active pills. My regular scheduled period came on November 22nd. I had intercourse with my boyfriend on december 6th and after it I started to spot with a little bit of white tissue when I urinated (sorry it sounds gross). It s now been almost a week and it hasn t stopped. At first it was ligh but then got heavier, it was bright red. Tuesday and Wednesday it s just been light brown/red. Please let me know what you think.
Asked On : Sun, 16 Dec 2012