Reason for sudden premature labour during 26th week pregnancy? Reports normal. Precautions for next pregnancy?

my wife had a premature labor at 26th week of pregnancy. 4 day s before that she had ultrasound and the report was normal. suddenly my wife had pains and immediately we consulted our doctor, she checked and told us that cervix has already dilated and pushed for labor. Baby was born alive without crying and was alive for 5 and half hours. doctor couldn t tell the reason. could any one please tell me what could be the reasons for sudden premature labor? my wife doesn t smoke , drink and she was normal during pregnancy. but every thing happened suddenly. Also, please suggest the precautions for next pregnancy? Regards, suresh
Asked On : Sat, 3 Nov 2012