Reason for regular pins and needles type sensation with numbness in arm and obstruction in throat?

Hi. I have been getting a regular pins and needles type sensation across the whole left hand side of my head. It happens about 3-4 times a day with the odd day that it doesn t happen. It lasts about 30 secon and ends with a warm sensation which feels like rushing water/ blood . In addition to that I have a numbness in my left arm which has become more frequent and is virtually permanent now - I would say that I only feel about 50% of the normal feeling I have in my other arm. I don t know if it is relevant/related or not but for nearly 2 years now I have felt some kind of obstruction very low down in my throat . I have been to the doctor numerous times about my throat but they just say they can t see anything and only a specialist with mirrors would be able to see that far down my throat (but no referral has been made about it). Any suggestions as to what may be causing the pins and needles/numbness and/or whether they may be related to my throat problem? Brief additional info - female 40 years old/non smoker/drink less than 1 unit per week/healthy lifestyle. Thanks
Asked On : Sat, 28 Jul 2012