Reason for recurring cold, cough? Diagnosed pneumonia. Taking abphyline, clarinova, montair LC kid

hi doctor, my daughter ia always getting cold and we have took an xray for her chest and found a patch of cough and last month she was hospitalised and took nebulisation for a week and some said she have mnemonia.again she is grtting cold and took to hospital.again we took xray and found small patch of cough in chest. doctor asked to take abphyline and clarinova 250 for three days. then montair LC kid for 3 weeks. can i continue that or any other suggestions.can i know why she is gettting cold and cough always
Asked On : Wed, 13 Mar 2013
Hello there,

Thanks for writing in.

Yes, Please do proceed according to the treating paediatrician's advice.

Montair LC kid might help prevent recurrent episodes of cold and allergies.

In addition, Do try the foollowing measures.

Give her warm water to drink at regular intervals.
Steam inhalation 3 times a day under parental supervision.
Once your daughter gets better,you could try sending her for regular kid's yoga classes. Regular practise of yoga is very beneficial.

I hope I have answered your queries .I will be happy to answer any further queries you might have.

Wishing your daughter a speedy recovery :)

Dr.Divya Kuttikrishnan

Hi Concerned Parent,

From what you are saying there are two things. one, there is pneumonia which your doc told you. Second, i feel get a Spirometry done to see if she has Asthma. Recurrent Cold cough and frequent use of Nebulisers suggest she might be having the same.

Dr indu Bubna