Reason for pin pricks and twitching in legs while going to tanning bed? Had knee replacements, taking accuretic, sythroid and potassium supplement

i have been to the tanning bed twice and i am experiencing pin pricks in my leg. I have also experienced light twitching as well. The twitching stops when i get out of the bed, the pin pricks last for about 1/2 hour. I do not have a fair complection and generally tan easily. I do not over do tanning. No more than once a week maybe twice when I first start going. Why the pin pricks? And why just on the legs? I have knee replacements in both knees. The last one was Dec 2011. Could that be the problem? Medication are Accuretic, Synthroid and potassium supplement . Any ideas?
Asked On : Wed, 25 Apr 2012