Reason for fluctuating blood pressure? Taking nyquil for cold symptoms

Hi. I m a 46 year old male in excellent physical condition. My blood pressure normally floats in a very healthy range. At my GP two weeks ago, it measured 106/64. For the last two days it s been unusually high (I check it at home), once measuring 142/91 in a resting state. The only variable in my routine has been Nyquil which I took 2 nights in a row a couple of nights ago for cold symptoms. Today it s down to 120/82, but that s still high for me. Thoughts? Thank you! eric
Asked On : Sun, 10 Mar 2013