Reason and solution for restricted breathing after endoscopy?

Hello Dr. Grief, My wife recently had an endoscopy and she has had restricted breathing ever since the procedure, about 3 months now. She is very scared and desperate to find resolution to this problem. She said it feels like someone has their hands around her neck 24/7. We think it is her epiglottis , which is almost completely covering her glottis at rest. My wife had a pulmanary scope this moring, but the doctor wants an ENT specialist to take a look at her epiglottis. What are your thoughts? Would you happen to know if damage from a scope is common or possible?
Asked On : Fri, 27 Jul 2012