Realistic dream flashbacks in middle of day, stress, scared. Help

Hi there. I ve been really worried about my mental health for the past few months as roughly 3 months ago I began having what seemed to be very realistic dream flashbacks just in the middle of my day i.e walking down the street etc, they grew a lot more intense and during one job interview I looked out the window and strated watching one of my dreams outside and then had a horrible realisation that I couldn t work out which was real - the scene outside the window or the job interview! That is the scariest that it has got, and this was all during a very stressful time in my life. But it still happens too often, and because I ve overthought it I now feel physically sick and even wretch when it happens now, often in public places (though I ve only been unable to differentiate that one time) today it happened 3 times and I felt sick and just put myself to bed to avoid it. I m still a tad stressed but this made me end up moving home a week ago so I was hoping it would happen less. I feel so physically sick and scared every time any insights would be welcome!
Asked On : Wed, 16 Oct 2013
Welcome to HCM!

I have gone through your question and it looks like you should meet a neurologist. Had I been seeing you, I would ask you to get an MRI brain and an EEG done, as the presentation is similar to a kind of seizure disorder, ( however you have not mentioned the duration of these episodes, but usually they subside within few minutes). only after proper investigations one can start correct treatment.

till the time you see a doctor you should avoid driving as these episodes are quite distracting and make one probe for accidents if they happen while driving.

Please donot worry as the illness is curable.

Hope you get well soon
Please feel free to ask more queries if you have
Dr. Manisha Gopal.