Re-current yeast infection, took many fluconazole tablets. Could it be hormone problem ?

Hi, I have had a re-current yeast infection for over a year now. I have been back and forward to the drs with regard to this. I have took over 15 fluconazole tablets which still did not rid me of the problem. My dr finally referred me to the hospital to see a specialist, she examined me and stated that yes It looked as though I had thrush, she did not take any swabs. She informed me that she thought it was a hormone problem!! Over production of estrogen and that I should take piriton to stop the itching. I am now at my wits end as this is causing me to wake during the night with itching, it is also affecting my sex life with my husband as it is so painful. I have changed my underwear along with only using water to wash and use non perfumed shower gel. I have also changed my washing powder and have also tried a low sugar diet . I really need some advice any help would be appreciated with regard about what to do next. Thank you
Asked On : Sat, 9 Mar 2013