Razor burn in genital, urination hurts. On Hydracortizone cream. Help?

I had gotten razor burn from shaving down there and it irritated my skin completely. It had gotten swollen, red, itchy, even burned when I peed! I went to the doctor and she just said it was inflamed from the irritation. I ve been using A&D ointment and hydracortizome cream but it still burns when I pee. When will the inflammation go away :( it s so unbearable! I dread going to the bathroom so much now. I just want this to be over.
Asked On : Sat, 16 Mar 2013
Radiologist 's  Response
Apr 2014
Thanks for writing to HCM

Your doctor has prescribed the right medicines. You should take apply it continuously. Additionally you may also take antihistaminic like cetirizine at night. If symptoms doesn't resolve, you may also take short course of oral steroids. Avoid using razor for this period.This will help you.
Get well soon.

Take Care
Dr.Indu Bhushan