Raw sensation above pubic bone, frequent urination. On mirena IUD. Causes for symptoms?

I have had Mirena IUD for about a year and a half. Earlier this month, about January 4th, I started experiencing a weird poking/raw sensation right above my pubic bone. I have noticed that I have been frequently urinating as well. There s no burning, so I don t think it s a UTI . I checked the IUD strings and they seem a little shorter than they once were. Could it be that the iud is misplaced and irritating my uterus?
Asked On : Wed, 16 Jan 2013