Raw chest, cough, headache, body ache, raw throat, metal like taste in mouth, green mucus

i ve had a raw chest when coughing for a few days now, also headaches and generally feeling unwell with most of my body aching. my throat and chest still feel quite raw when i cough and everytime i do so i get an awful, overwhelming taste of metal in my mouth which makes me feel sick! Theres also green mucus but it doesnt appear to be coming up very much, thanks.
Asked On : Wed, 4 Apr 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response

Welcome in H.C.M.

I have gone through your query regarding raw chest and throat, headache, bodyache, green mucus and mettalic taste in mouth.

Your all above symptoms are favouring for respiratory tract infection with dyspepsia. To diagnose it and to treat it you are advice for these investigations-

1- Culture and sensitivity of phlegm.

2- Gram's staining of sputum.

3- X-Ray of paranasal sinuses and chest.

4- Blood- CBC, ESR, blood sugar (Fasting and post parendial).

5- Urine- Routine and microscopic.

By the inferences of above investigations one may diagnose the infective organism and the site of lesion and that may be accordingly manage.