Rashes, swollen joints, facial swelling, asthma. Autoimmune disorder?

I am generally not happy with the state of my health. I have a lot of symptoms that look like an auto immune disorder , but docs have not been able to identify a specific disorder. The symptoms include rashes , swollen joints, facial or lip swelling, Asthma , and infections that won t clearup for months. The infections often require multiple rounds of antibiotics and steriods. To make things worse I keep gaining weight from inactivity and steriods. I feel tired all the time and think I would feel better if I could loose some weight.
Asked On : Thu, 8 Nov 2012
Rheumatologist 's  Response
Hi. Autoimmune symptomatology may be part of immunodeficiency disorders which present also with repeated infections which do not respond well to antibiotics. You need to get yourself evaluated for a primary or secondary immunodeficiency disease. Thank you.