Rashes on the hand with itching. Bleeding upon itching. Scabies?

hey i have a rash that started a couple weekes ago as one little spot on my hand and now all the itching ive done it has spread to me arms and elbows and the other hand is starting to get bad as well, they are small pimple like spots, very itchy especially at night and when i think about it it itches more of course lol. i itch them and the scab and i itch them ans they bleed and then there are some that just stay read and dont scab, but they are definitely multiplying more and more, and the doctor today gave me hydrocortisone hyderm 1%, do you think that will help or do you think it could be scabbies???
Asked On : Mon, 18 Mar 2013