Rashes on penis after medication for urine infection, caused vaginal infection after sex. Reasons ?

I had a urinal infection and I took a medicine due to which I have got rashes on my penis . During the initial stage of reaction I had sex with my girl. She had little itching on the vagina . She washed it with lukewarm water repeatedly and it went off. Now she is having too much pain just above the vagina. She never had this before. What could be the reason? Please let me know as soon as possible.
Asked On : Mon, 19 Nov 2012