Rashes on leg, pricking sensation on applying lotion post shaving with rusted razor. Had taken tetanus shot earlier. Worrisome?

This morning I shaved my legs with a razor ive had for a while and didnt notice it had rust so I go through out the day and my legs hurt like heck and my sister finally got home and looked at the rash and said my legs might be infected and I m freaked out cause even though I ve hady tetnes shot I m freaking out but I put on lotion than after the lotion my legs felt like little needles pocked every single part on my legs is there something wrong ??????
Asked On : Sat, 14 Apr 2012

It is normal for the skin to get infected when proper hygiene of the razor is not followed.

You should wash your leg with warm water and soap thoroughly, wipe it with a soft tissue, then, apply antibiotic cream locally.

If no progress, can consult a physician to start antibiotic treatment orally or to get the infected area surgically worked.

Hope it helped!