Rashes on fingers, swelling, itching, purple marks, flaky skin. Causes for symptoms?

I have a recurring rash on my fingers that will not seem to go away. It usually starts on my middle knuckles then quickly spreads to the rest of the finger. It causes my fingers to swell and itch intensely, they are blotchy red but don t have and obvious bumps/dots. It seems to spread through itching, and when it eventually recedes it leaves a strange purple mark and the skin is a bit flaky. Thought it was contact dermatitis from my soaps, but I have stop using them all and now wear gloves when cleaning
Asked On : Tue, 4 Dec 2012