Rashes on elbows, under belly button, on left thigh, facial acne. Family history of eczema. Causes?

My friend has a mystery rash on his elbows/forearms, under his belly button, on his left thigh, and on his tailbone. Eczema runs in his family, and he has acne on his face and on his back, but his eczema doesn t quite look like this rash, and it s certainly not acne. If it helps, he always wears long sleeve shirts, pants, and often 2 layers of shirts(one tee and on top of that a long sleeve) at any and every time of the year. What could this be and what could I suggest to him?
Asked On : Mon, 15 Oct 2012