Rashes on chest, stomach, look like goose bumps, itchiness. Will benadryl help?

I have developed a rash over night. It s started out what looked like goose bumps , but red and slightly itchy. It was on my chest and stomach. Now the goosebumps have disappeared and left behind a pinkish rash on my chest, stomach, upper-under arm near my arm pit, and my back and neck. It itches more today than yesterday. I ve been taking reactin, which hasnt done much. Would Benadryl be a better medication to take until it goes away or I can get into my family doctor?
Asked On : Fri, 9 Nov 2012