Rashes on chest and stomach, no itching or pain. Should i take him to Paediatrician?

My 5 yr. old son has a prickly type rash cover his stomach and chest only... seemed to appear out of nowhere yesterday... he got out of the shower last night saying his skin felt like styrafoam... it is not really red and seems to cover his whole front side of his torso in a general way... was wondering if this seemed like something that I should take him to his Ped for? Oh, it doesn t seem to itch or cause pain... thanks in advance for your response!
Asked On : Thu, 21 Jun 2012