Rashes on backs and chest. Steroid to use on rashes. What is the relationship?

About 2 months ago I got a red itcy rash over parts of my back and chest . The about 2 weeks ago my salivary gland swool up. I usually have a swollen gland at least twice per year and my doctor gives me antibodics and the infection goes away. At that time he gave me a steriod to use on my rash, but I feel like when it clears from one part of my body it then appears in a different place. Could these two things be related?
Asked On : Thu, 13 Sep 2012