Rashes on ankle, looks like sugar in blood, family history of diabetes. Should go for sugar test?

I have a rash on the insidde of my ankles it hot and uncomfortable(NO itch ). I did spend some time outdoors this weekend, but it only showed up just today (two days later). I have compared rashes , and the closest rash that fits is from too much sugar in blood. I have diabetes in my family historys, but have not devolpoed it yet. My fathers ankles looked the same. Should I head to the doc for sugar test?
Asked On : Fri, 18 May 2012