Rashes in the hair follicles on thighs and groin area. Itching and inflammation on sweating. Treated for Scabies

I m a male 51 yrs old and have a rash in the hair follicales on my groin and thighs. It looks like rust color but when I sweat it become inflamed and is pink and itchy. I have tried ever otc cream, calmine lotion and now neosporin cream for ezema. Nothing is totaly effictive. What do I have? I went to a Dermitlogist and she suggested Scabies , and underweant the treatment for it. I havent been exposed to people in an old folks home or had sex with an older person to contact Scabies as her diagnosis is Wrong. I contacted this when I was in the Mts and thought I might have Chiggers. The treatment for Scabies is also for Chiggers. I did the treatment 3 times so I dont think I have Chiggers either. What kind of hair follical infections might I have and can I see pictures of different infections to determine what I have. Thanks
Asked On : Fri, 6 Jul 2012