Rashes in the groin area after having unprotected sex. Diagnosed with molluscum contagiosum. What are the ways of contracting this virus?

My partner and I had sex once without protection. The very next day he said he was breaking out in his groin area and thought it was due to an allergic reaction to latex condoms . He went to the doctor and was diagnosed with molluscum contagiosum . He told me that he hadn t been with anyone else and seemed CONVINCED that he had gotten it from me. I ve never had any history of molluscum contagiosum nor have any of my previous partners. I went to my doctor and was told that I showed no signs of the virus and that it takes several weeks to months for molluscum contagiosum lesions to begin to appear. My doctor said my partner could have already had it and confused it with an ingrown hair , shaved, and caused them to spread. Where else could he have possibly contracted this virus?
Asked On : Mon, 24 Sep 2012