Rashes developing into bumps with itching. Hair like thing coming out of the rashes. What could it be?

My husband has small bumps on his skin, that started as a rash and progressed to bumps that itch . He told me today that while scratching one, he noticed a very fine white hair, that was coming out of the bump, he pulled it and by the time he finished pulling it, he said it looked like a very small cotton ball, and immediately after he pulled it out, the bump started to itch. my email address is YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Tue, 19 Mar 2013